Announcing two new lessons in “Successfully Designing with Information”.
These introduce the end-to-end process of building a richly connected microsite. They fit into the lesson plan like this:
- the brochureware approach and its limitations
- exploring the domain
- choosing an initial scope
- information design
- initial user interaction possibilities
- assessing the user experience
- refined user interaction.
The skills introduced here are applicable when designing large richly connected sites such as the BBC, and in portal-like integrated intranet solutions such as those that can be built in SharePoint.